Good food equals good mood…
With the sun out today, I was in total summer mode. Being the pasta lover that I am, I decided to go for an easy to make Mediterranean pasta dish to match my mood: fresh basil pesto with chickpea pasta. I just love fresh basil…reminds me of summer in Italy.
It’s so incredibly easy to make and you can keep the pesto in the refrigerator for about a week.
Buon appetito ragazzi!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (you can use Parmesan cheese too but Pecorino gives it a more authentic taste, I find)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- pepper (as Pecorino cheese is very salty itself, there is no need to add extra salt)
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor
- Add the olive oil last and give it one last blend
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, add the pesto and enjoy.