I tried a new variation of my healthy gluten, refined sugar and nut free muffins by adding some goji protein powder (which gives them a lovely pinkish color) and blueberries.
These make a great breakfast or snack idea as they are packed with all the relevant macros you need to get you started for the day in a healthy way: protein (cottage cheese, protein powder and egg), complex carbs (millet and berries), healthy fats (coconut milk) – and not to mention the various vitamins and antioxidants from the goji berries and blueberries.
They are super easy and quick to bake as well. All you need are 3 minutes to throw everything in a bowl, stir and pour into muffin cups. Another 20 min baking time and voilà…you’re done. It’s that easy. Hope you enjoy these pink delights as much as I do. Let me know how yours turn out.
- ¾ cup millet flakes (or any kind of flour)
- 2 tablespoons of Goji berry protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Ground vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I used lactose free but normal is fine too)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
1.Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl. Add the egg and cottage cheese and stir in the coconut milk.
2. Add the blueberries.
3. Coat muffin cups with butter and fill them with batter.
4. Bake at 350 ℃ for 20-25 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.